How to Crochet short courses
Being Knitterly Studio, Loughborough, Leicestershire
Each short course comprises three classes. Each class takes place from 19:00–21:00 on Tuesdays. Book your course by adding each of your chosen three dates to the basket. There is a maximum of three students per class.
How to Crochet short courses for beginners and improvers
How to Crochet for beginners
Learn to crochet during this short course for beginners. This course is suitable for you, whether you have never tried to crochet or have tried and struggled.
You will start by learning how to hold the hook and yarn and make a foundation chain. Then you will learn the basic stitches. You will begin to recognize crochet abbreviations and follow written instructions, as well as use symbols and charts. By the end of the course, you will know how to make granny squares, join them together and add a border. You will feel inspired to make cushion covers, bags, scarves, and throws: anything based on a square or rectangle!
“Absolutely loved doing these classes. From a complete beginner to being able to do Granny Squares! Looking forward to doing the next three classes.”
Beginners class content:
- Holding the yarn and hook while making a foundation chain, working rows of double and treble crochet stitches.
- Working in the round, making slip stitches, changing colour, and making a granny square.
- Joining granny squares together and adding a border.
- New crocheter – you have never tried.
- Beginner crocheter -you lack confidence or have tried already and struggled.
How to Crochet for improvers
Learn new skills during the short course for improvers. This course is suitable for you if you know the basic stitches such as double and treble crochet and have tried a traditional granny square.
You will use the basic stitches to make simple projects such as different granny squares, circular containers, and flowers. At the same time, you will gain confidence in using abbreviations and written instructions, as well as symbols and charts. After finishing this course, you will have the confidence to try out other patterns.
“Another three weeks. It flew past! We went on to learn how to do different granny squares and how to crochet flowers. It was fantastic. I am now totally hooked (sorry) on crochet.”
Improvers class content:
- Making variations of the traditional granny square as well as techniques for joining granny squares.
- Making circles and tubes, then using them for coasters and containers.
- Using techniques such as loops, picots, and shells to make flower petals.
- Improver crocheter – you can do double and treble crochet stitches and make a basic granny square.
- Yarn for samples and projects.
- A crochet hook (for beginners only).
- A summary of the techniques covered.
- Notebook and pen.
- 4.0 mm crochet hook (improvers only).
The Being Knitterly Studio is in a beautiful Edwardian house in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
After booking, Nicki will email you details and directions, as well as ask about your previous experience.
How we are keeping Covid safe.
|choose a date for your class||
Tuesday 5 October 2021, Tuesday 12 October 2021, Tuesday 19 October 2021, Tuesday 26 October 2021, Tuesday 2 November 2021, Tuesday 9 November 2021, Tuesday 16 November 2021, Tuesday 23 November 2021, Tuesday 30 November 2021, Tuesday 7 December 2021